According to a recent publication from the Australian Digital Inclusion Alliance, being digitally included means:
– A person has affordable access to high-quality internet, and owns appropriate devices to utilise the internet;
– A person can use the internet in an accessible way, whether they are living with disability, from culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds, or with other needs;
– A person has the ability, skills and confidence to complete tasks on and benefit from the internet.
At Conquered IT, we can work with you to ensure you can get the right access to digital services and have the confidence to use them with minimal fuss. Get in touch today – 0468 988 438, or email@example.com.
Conquered IT has extensive experience in online safety and can help you ensure you’re doing everything possible to protect yourself online. Reach out….0468 988 438, or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information….
Protecting yourself from Identity Theft is about keeping your personal information safe when you’re online. Your personal details (full name, date of birth, address, credit card details, invoice numbers etc) can all be very useful and valuable to a scammer who will try and steal this information to commit illegal activities. That could include unauthorised purchases, or using personal information to impersonate you to get further information from a supplier or business who may provide services to you. They may even look to on sell your information to other more sophisticated scammers.
It can be devastating to have this happen, and can often take many months of your personal time and effort to try and resolve the situation. So, a few tips:
– be very careful sharing information about yourself online, including in social media, blogs and other online forums;
– think twice before entering online competitions where you have to provide personal information to someone you may not know – giving away personal details is just like giving them money!; and
– watch out for scammers impersonating major corporate organisations that you may or may not deal with, presenting you with an invoice for payment – double check everything, and if it doesn’t look right, reach out to the organisation and confirm.
If you think you’ve been the victim of a scammer, get in touch with IDCARE (Australia and New Zealand’s National Identity and Cyber Support service) at www.idcare.org.
If you like to know more about scams, identity theft and keeping safe when online, reach out to Conquered IT, and attend an upcoming training session. Call us on 0468 988 438, or check out www.conqueredit.com.au.
Digital Inclusion is about bridging the digital divide. It is based on the premise that all Australians should be able to make full use of digital technologies: to manage their health and wellbeing; access education and services; organise their finances; and connect withfriends, family, and the world beyond.
The goal of digital inclusion is to enable everyone to access and use digital technologies effectively. It goes beyond simply owning a computer or having access to a smartphone. Social and economic participation lies at the heart of digital inclusion; using online and mobile technologies to improve skills, enhance quality of life, educate, and promote wellbeing, civic engagement and sustainable development across the whole of society.
Is your workplace or community group suffering from poor levels of digital inclusion? Don’t know where to start, or how to map out a way forward to improve it?
Conquered IT has a range of programs and services centred on addressing this issue, especially as it relates to older Australians. Get in touch to see how we can assist you, or your organisation today!
Following 4 years of successfully providing IT training and support services, Conquered IT has officially launched. The Company is based in The Hills District of Sydney and services all areas of Greater Sydney, Wollongong, the Blue Mountains and the Central Coast.
Conquered IT’s core business is the provision of a wide range of Free Training courses to locals in the community that are all centred on building knowledge, understanding and awareness of available digital services and technologies.
Additionally, the business provides fee for service IT support to those same people who may further assistance with the selection, setup and ongoing maintenance of their home/office based environments.
Reach out to discuss how we may be able to work with you on your digital journey.