Keeping your account details and passwords secure is critical for a safer online banking experience. Here are some simple safety steps when banking online to protect your money and finances:
- always access your bank’s website by typing the address directly into your computer browser;
- keep your computer up-to-date with anti-virus and firewall software and set them to automatically update;
- set strong passwords (or even better, a passphrase) and update them regularly;
- do not store your access details or password on or near your computer;
- look for “https://” at the beginning of the address bar and a locked padlock in the browser to indicate the web pages are secure;
- always log out of the internet banking menu when you finish and close the browser; and
- beware of any windows that ‘pop-up’ during an internet banking session and be suspicious if they direct you to another site which requests your customer identification or password.
If at any time you want advice or guidance on keeping safe online, reach out, we’re here to help! Call 0468 988 438 to talk with us, or email email@example.com.