Conquered IT was founded, and is led, by Peter O’Farrell, a 30+ year veteran of the Information Technology & Communications sector, with experience working across both Government (Federal, State and Local) and private domestic and global IT services organisations across that time.
- 2016 – Present: Director, Conquered IT in Sydney.
- 2010 – 2016: Business Manager NSW Professional Services, and National PMO Manager with Datacom Australia in Sydney.
- 2008 – 2010: Program Manager Asia Pacific with Brightpoint in Sydney.
- 2004 – 2007: Manager, Project Management Office, Dimension Data in Sydney.
- 2001 – 2004: Project, Program & Team Manager with EDS Australia in Sydney.
- 1998 – 2001: Senior Technical Project Manager with Praxa Limited in Sydney.
- 1997 – 1998: Director, Information Technology with the Northern Territory Department of Mines and Energy in Darwin.
- 1994 – 1997: Head, Administrative Services Group with the Australian National University in Canberra.
- 1989 – 1994: Various Network and IT System Administration and support positions with the Commonwealth Department of Transport in Canberra.
Peter also holds the following degrees and certification:
- Executive Master of Business Administration (Australian Graduate School of Management)
- Certificate in Quality Management Systems Internal Audit – AS/NZS ISO9001:2000
- Certificate in Strategic Knowledge & Information Management (Mt Eliza Business School)
- Graduate Diploma in Information Systems (University of Canberra)
- Bachelor of Arts (Australian National University)
Peter’s hobbies include rugby union, camping, 4WD Adventures and spending time with family and friends. He is a current certified Level 2 Rugby Union Coach in Australia, and holds a Level 1 Award in Wines Certificate from the Wine & Spirit Education Trust in London.
Peter is also an active member of his local community, having been the President of the Hills Junior Rugby Union Club from 2016-2020.
Peter also has a keen interest in family history and genealogical research and enjoys the problem solving challenges associated with discovering ancestors in both Australia and Ireland.